4-Day NQA-1 Lead Auditor Training
This Standard provides requirements and guidelines for the establishment and execution of quality assurance programs during siting, design, construction, operation, and decommissioning of nuclear facilities. This Standard reflects industry experience and current understanding of the quality assurance requirements necessary to achieve safe, reliable, and efficient utilization of nuclear energy and management and processing of radioactive materials. The Standard focuses on the achievement of results, emphasizes the role of the individual and line management in the achievement of quality, and fosters the application of these requirements in a manner consistent with the relative importance of the item or activity.
The NQA-1 -2019 standard includes requirements and guidance and is organized in the following four parts:
- Part I contains requirements for a Quality Assurance Program for nuclear facility applications.
- Part II contains additional quality assurance requirements for the planning and conduct of specific work activities conducted under a Quality Assurance Program developed in accordance with Part I.
- Part III contains guidance for implementing the requirements of Parts I and II.
- Part IV contains guidance for the application of NQA-1 and comparisons of NQA-1 with other quality requirements
Who Should Attend
- Those who desire to become Certified Lead Auditors per NQA-1 requirements
- Quality Assurance professionals who need to implement and maintain a Quality Program that meets NQA-1 requirements
- Suppliers of products to the nuclear industry that need to have an NQA-1 compliant program
- Management of companies who need to understand the requirements and structure of an NQA-1 Quality Program
What you will learn
- Summary and applicability of nuclear related codes and standards
- Structure requirements of an NQA-1 Quality Program
- Procedures for performing the audit process from the role of the Lead Auditor
- Auditing techniques for examining, evaluating, and reporting
- Working with corrective actions and closing out of audit reports
- Participation in exercises and case studies to put techniques into practice
- Written examination to evaluate comprehension of and ability to apply the body of knowledge
This course will satisfy the NQA-1 requirements for training and examination of prospective Lead Auditors. Participation in required number of audits, evaluation of training and experience, and certification is the responsibility of the Certifying Agency. AXEON Inc. will provide the training and testing requirements of NQA-1. The employer will assure participation in the required number of audits and will be the certifying agency that certifies their employees as Lead Auditors.
- Introduction and Overview
- Codes and Standards
- Structure of QA Programs
- Auditing Techniques
- Auditing Process
- Auditing Process (cont.)
- Group Exercises & Case Studies
- Closeout & Class Evaluation